Group Medical Insurance
Group medical insurance is sold to group members at discounted rates. It is, in essence, an individual health cover provided to companies that have more than 10 employees. The employer then pays the premiums as a component of the staff benefits package.
Group medical insurance plans are generally identical in nature, offering similar benefits to all members of the group.
Group medical covers mostly cost less than individual medical plan because the insurable risk is spread over to the members of staff, rather than one person.
- Name of employer
- Total number of employees
- Staff DOB details
- Monthly employee payroll data
- Scope of coverage (Sum assured level selected)
- Both employer and employee fill out separate enrollment forms
- Summary overview of details provided
- Payment of the premium in cheque form or arranged electronic funds transfer